Short information: The first bifurcated board exams for CBSE class 10 and 12 students will commence on November 17 and November 16, respectively. The board exam will be held for 114 subjects in class 12 and 75 subjects in class 10. Schools have been asked to conduct practical exams latest by December 23.
- Exams for major subjects will be held as per the CBSE datesheet
- Exams for minor subjects will be conducted by the CBSE by making groups in such a manner that exams are held in minimum time
- The exam duration will be 90 minutes
- In view of winter seas, the exam will begin at 11.30 am instead of 10.30 am.
- Students will get 20 minutes of reading time before the start of the exam
- For the term 1 exam, there will be no external examiner
- Customized OMRs will be sent to the exam centres
- Separate sheet will be provided for rough work
- Students will be issued roll numbers on November 9
- CBSE board exams 2022 final result will be declared after the completion of the second term exam or following the pre-set guidelines in view of the COVID-19 situation in the country during March-April.
“Schools, parents and students will strictly follow covid guidelines as mentioned in the guidelines to be provided by CBSE to the CS,” the CBSE has said.
CBSE is offering 114 subjects in Class 12 and 75 in Class 10. If the exam of all subjects is conducted, the entire duration of the exam would be about 45-50 days.
The board has already released the datesheet for CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exam 2022 Term 1 exam. The CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2022 is scheduled to begin on November 30, while CBSE Class 12 Board Exam 2022 will start from December 1. The exams for minor subjects, however, will be conducted prior to that. The CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2022 minor exam will begin from November 16 and the CBSE Class 12 minor exams will start from November 17.
As per an official notice from the board, these are the first term exams and will be held in MCQ-only format. Students will have to fill circles on the given OMR sheets to mark their answers. Schools will be given the OMR sheets from the board and each OMR sheet will be customised.
It is to be noted that CBSE Class 10, 12 Board Exam 2022 Term 1 exam will be MCQ-based and it will be of 90 minutes.